Parents and members of the community interested in exploring The DreamTree School as a potential option for their child or loved one, are invited to participate in an easy, but effective, 4 step process:
Please include all relevant reports and diagnoses for the last six months (psychology, speech therapist, occupational therapist, other), together with a brief background of your child.
Visit our school for a no obligation meet and greet. We would love to show you our facilities and answer any questions you may have. Meet our teachers, and some of our students, and witness first-hand The DreamTree experience.
ONE DAY OBSERVATION
Should you feel your child or loved one could benefit from The DreamTree environment, we require each potential learner to undergo an initial one-day assessment (free of charge). This helps all involved ensure the ‘best fit possible’.
Depending on the outcome of the one-day assessment, some learners may be requested to participate in a more extensive two-week observation period prior to admission.
- The learner should be able, or have the potential, to function within a group setting.
- The learner, upon admission, should be 5 in the year he/she is turning 6.
- The school’s official language is English.
- All learners should be toilet-trained and have the potential to learn the basic self-help skills.
- A learner with a mild physical disability will be considered depending on the level of support he/she requires to function in the group setting.
- Assessment reports are needed from a Psychologist/Psychiatrist, Speech and Occupational Therapist within the past 12 months.
- No individual IQ tests are required, nor will any be carried out.
- The parent/legal guardian agrees to pay the school fee as determined by the school’s Governing Body.
- Parents might be requested to consider giving consent to private therapies if this is advised by the school.
- All admissions are at the discretion of The DreamTree School Admissions Committee (Principal, Occupational and Speech Therapists). This is to ensure as best a fit as possible for each individual learner.